|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Post Name: Recruitment for Engineer Trainee in 2017
Reference Number : Advt. No.IIA/4/2017dated 27-1-2017
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Engineer Trainee Recruitment :
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following positions to work in the Institute:
Related : BHEL Recruitment 2017 Engineer Trainee ET : www.indianin.in/2732.html
Name of the position: ENGINEER TRAINEE
No. of position: Two
Age limit : 26 years.
Remuneration : Rs. 20,000/- per month (inclusive of all)
Place of work : Bangalore
a)Essential: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc or equivalent in the field of Electronics and
Telecommunication/Computer Science with a recommended minimum of 60% marks from a recognized University/Institution. Percentage of marks is relaxable if the candidate’s technical experience is exceptional.
BCA/MCA with minimum 60% marks from a recognized University/ Institution. Percentage of marks is relaxable if the candidate’s technical experience is exceptional.
b)Desirable: Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
Experience : Candidates having working experience in the field of computer networking, hardware and OS support will get preference.
Scope of work: To support laptop and desktop installation troubleshooting and maintenance with Linux and Windows OS. Installation of required applications on laptops and desktops. LAN troubleshooting and maintenance. Candidate may be required to travel to field stations when required.
Job Requirement : Must be proficient in troubleshooting hardware and network problems(including WiFi and Ethernet) in both Windows and Linux environments on both Laptops and Desktops.
Must have worked with different flavours of linux. Must be able to configure printers (CUPS) in linux and windows environment. Must be able to install packages using YUM/binary package installation in linux.
Must have basic experience in handling DHCP and DNS configuration in linux. Candidates must be acquainted with the partitioning schemes in Linux and must be able to perform dual boot Linux and Windows installations on both Laptops and Desktops. Networking skills is a must.
Terms & Conditions :
1)The appointment is purely temporary on contract basis and does not entitle any privilege or benefit of regular employment. No claim whatsoever for regular employment in the Institute shall be entertained.
2)The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable for two more years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidates and requirement of the Institute.
3)The remuneration indicated is a consolidated and is inclusive of all allowances.
4)There will be annual increase based on satisfactory performance.
5) The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed applications.
6) Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
7) Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro train / bus fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class railway fare on production of tickets.
8) The prescribed educational qualifications are minimum required and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all those candidates, the Institute has the right to limit the candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
9) The Institute reserves the right to cancel the entire recruitment process at any time without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
10) No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates not selected for interview/ appointment. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11) Candidates meeting the above requirements and willing to apply for the position may submit application through online only.
12) Misrepresentation or falsification of facts detected at any stage of the selection process or instances of misconduct/misbehaviour at any stage during selection process shall result in cancellation of candidature without any notice and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
13) The last date for receipt of application is 27.02.2017.
14) Important dates to remember
Opening date for on-line registration: 27.01.2017.
Closing date for on-line registration: 27.02.2017.