|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health, Mumbai
Post Name : Recruitment for Library & Information Officer in 2017
Reference Number : Advertisement No. – NIRRH/07/A/06/2017
Application Form : http://www.indianin.in/uploads/7144-LIOform.pdf
Notification : http://www.indianin.in/uploads/7144-LIO.pdf
Home Page : http://www.nirrh.res.in/links/job_oppotunities.htm
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Library & Information Officer Recruitment :
Applications are invited for one post of Library & Information Officer in the Pay Band- 3 Rs. 15,600-39,100+ Grade Pay Rs. 6600+ usual allowances as admissible to ICMR employees under the rules.
Related : Banaras Hindu University Recruitment 2017 Junior Clerk, Library Attendant : www.indianin.in/6660.html
1. Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a recognized University/Institute.
2. Five year’s professional experience in a Library under Central/State Government/Autonomous or Statutory organization/PSU/University or Recognized Research or Educational Institution.
1. One year experience of computing Library activities in a Library under Central/State Government/Autonomous or Statutory organization/University or recognized Research or Educational Institution.
2. One year Professional experience in specific areas of activities of the Scientific organizations vis. Generation of Information document, Digitization of Library, ISDN etc.
3. Diploma in Computer Application from a recognized University or Institute.
Not exceeding 40 years. Relaxable up to 5 years for Government servants and for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard.
1. Organisation, supervision, and maintenance of books, periodicals and other printed material in the library.
2. Selection of publications to be purchased, procurement of journal & books.
3. Supervision of classification, indexing, cataloging, shelving of books and other publications, maintenance of stock and issue.
4. Supervision of digitization of old and fragile documents, their storage, databasedriven web interfaces and web-based library services.
5. Management of subscription to e-resources (journals, etc).
6. Supervision and maintenance of automated library package.
7. Handling electronic documentation resources, web pages, information services and circulation.
8. Creation and archiving of information assets and services.
9. Maintenance of the Institutional Repository of NIRRH publications.
10. Acquisition, organization and dissemination information though information services, outreach programs and the institute website.
11. Update of the Institute website.
12. Liaison with other information centres, professional associations and groups dealing with information management.
13. Guidance to readers in selection of books or in finding information.
14. Serve as the administrative/technical coordination for documentation related purchases for the library and other departments.
15. Supervision of reprographic services.
16. Compilation, preparation and printing of the Institute Annual Report.
17. Coordination and compilation of information from the scientists for reports to be sent to ICMR Hqds (Annual Report, Research Framework Document), Annual Report to be sent to DHR.
Rs. 500/- for General & OBC Candidates in the form of crossed demand draft of any bank drawn in favour of “Director, NIRRH” payable at Mumbai SC/ST/PH/Ex- Servicemen/PWD category/Women candidates are exempted from making application fee ICMR employees are not exempted from making application fee for direct recruitment post.
How to apply:
Candidates fulfilling the above qualifications and willing to apply for the post can download the application form from NIRRH website i.e. nirrh.res.in.
A hard copy of Application, copies of necessary documents (self attested) should be submitted by hand/speed post to the Director, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai- 400012 along with DD towards application fee so as to reach by 5.00 PM on or before 18th August, 2017.
Application from employees working in Central/State Govt. Department, Public Sector Undertaking and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of application will be considered subject to the condition that a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced at the time of personal discussion/interview.