|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Post Name : Recruitment for Tourist Officer in 2017
Reference Number : NOTIFICATION NO: 11 /2017
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Tourist Officer Recruitment :
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 08.06.2017 for Direct Recruitment to the post of Tourist Officer included in Tamil Nadu General Service.
Related : TNPSC Recruitment 2017 Combined Civil Services Examination-II : www.indianin.in/5536.html
Name of the Post and Code No. : Tourist Officer (Post Code No. 3015 )(2014-15)
Name of the Service and Code No. : Tamil Nadu General Service (Service Code No.035)
No. of vacancies : 5 GT(G)-1 GT(W)-1 BC(G)-1 MBC/DC(G)-1 SC(A)(W) (PSTM)-1
Pay Band and Grade Pay : Rs.15600 – 39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5400
a) Registration Fee Rs.150/-
b) Preliminary Examination Fee Rs.100/-
c) Main Written Examination Fee Rs.200/-
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION (as on 09.05.2017):
Applicants should possess the following educational qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission on the date of this notification:
a) (i) Post Graduate degree in Travel and Tourism; (or)
(ii) Any post graduate degree with one subject on Tourism; (or)
(iii) Any post graduate degree with M.Phil in Tourism; (or)
(iv) Any post graduate degree with diploma in Tourism
b) Certificate course in Computer on Office Automation awarded by the Directorate of Technical Education or its equivalent; and
c) Proficiency in English and Tamil Languages;
Provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to the holders of MBA degree.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s Websites tnpsc.gov.in/ tnpscexams.net/ tnpscexams.in
2. One Time Registration (OTR) and applicant Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as registration fee.
Successfully registered One Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of Registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
3. For applying in One Time Registration, the applicants should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen Drive to upload the photo and signature.
4. Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create applicants Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system. No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID in One Time Registration.
5. Enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them.
6. One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the applicants and giving a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Applicant who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
7. Select the name of the post or service for which the applicant wishes to apply.
8. Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
9. An Online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.
10. All the particulars mentioned in the online application including name of the Applicant, Post applied Educational Qualifications Communal Category, Date of Birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no Modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online.
Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, applicants are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
11. Print Option:-
a) After submitting the application, applicants can print / save their application in PDF format.
b) On entering registration number and password, applicants can download their application and print, if required.
c) Need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The application and certificates will be verified only when the applicants come up for next stage of selection.
12. One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
Date of Notification 09.05.2017 –
Last date for submission of applications 08.06.2017 –
Last date for payment of Examination Fee through Bank (State Bank of India / Indian Bank) 12.06.2017 –
Date of Written Examination Preliminary Examination 19.08.2017 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
Date of Main Written Examination Will be announced later at the time of declaring results of Preliminary Examination.