|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Post Name: Recruitment for Assistant Geologist in 2017
Reference Number : NOTIFICATION NO: 05/2017
Assistant Geologist Recruitment :
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 21.03.2017 for direct recruitment to the vacancies in the following posts
Related : TNPSC Recruitment 2017 Hostel Superintendent cum Physical Training Officer : www.indianin.in/3593.html
Name of the Post, Department and Post Code | No. of vacancies
1 Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department (2015-2016) (Post Code:1863) 25
2 Assistant Geologist in PWD (2014-2015) (Post Code:1750) 15
3 Assistant Geologist in Agricultural Engineering Department (2013-2014 &2014-2015) (Post Code1677) 10
4 Geologist in Highways Department (2012-2013) (Post Code:1873) 3
Scale of pay : Rs.9300- 34,800 (PB2) + 5100/- Grade Pay
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : (As on 22.02.2017)
Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification :
Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department : “A degree of M. Sc in Geology of any recognised University or Institution. Other things being equal preference will be given to candidates who possess practical experience in field work.
Assistant Geologist in PWD : Master of Science degree in Geology or Master of Science degree in applied Geology or Master of Science (Technology) in Hydrogeology of any University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Geologist in Agricultural Engineering Department : “A degree in Geology of any recognised University or Institution”
Geologist in Highways Department: M.Sc., Degree in Geology
a) Registration Fee
For one time Registration Rs.50/-
Note: Applicants who have already registered in one time Registration system paying Rs.50/- are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
b) Written Examination Fee Rs.100/-
MODE OF PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE:
** Examination fee Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) is payable by online through Net Banking/credit card/Debit card or it can be paid by offline at SBI / at Indian Bank within 2 days from the date of submission of online application.
** Applicants have to register their basic particulars through One -Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of Rs.50/- towards registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of One-Time Registration.
** Applicants have also to pay the service charges applicable to the State Bank of India / Indian Bank
** Applicants can avail exemption from paying examination fees as per eligibility criteria.
** Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
** Those who have registered in the One -Time Registration system, and paid the registration fee of Rs.50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the Registration fee i.e., Rs.50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
** Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must apply for the notified posts. One – Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration. (For further details regarding the Examination fee concessions refer para 12 of the ‘Instructions to Applicants’)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s Websites tnpsc.gov.in/ tnpscexams.net/ tnpscexams.in
2. One Time Registration (OTR) and applicant Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post. One Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of registration.
3. For applying in One Time Registration, the applicants should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive to upload the photo and signature.
4. Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create applicant Dashboard in the new One Time Registration system. No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID in one time registration.
5. Enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them.
6. One Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just collection of information from the applicants and giving a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile.
Applicant who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission’s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
7. Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply.
8. Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
9. An Online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.
10. All the particulars mentioned in the online application including name of the Applicants, Post applied educational qualifications Communal Category, Date of Birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no Modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, Applicants are requested to fill in the online application 10 form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
11. Print Option:
i. After submitting the application, Applicants can print / save their application in PDF format.
ii. On entering registration number and password, Applicants can download their application and print, if required.
iii. Need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the Applicants come up for next stage of selection.
12. One time registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
A Date of Notification 22.02.2017
B Last date for submission of applications 21.03.2017
C Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (State Bank of India/Indian bank) 23.03.2017