|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Zoological Survey of India
Post Name: Recruitment for Himalayan Research Associate in 2017 Walk-in interview
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Himalayan Research Associate Recruitment :
Walk in interview for Himalayan Research Associate and Project Fellow
Related : Zoological Survey of India Recruitment 2016 Junior Project Fellow : www.indianin.in/1953.html
Project Title: “Lepidoptera (Insecta) as potential Indicator-Taxa for tracking Climate Change in the Indian Himalayan Landscape”
Funding Agency: National Mission on Himalayan Studies, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India
Tenure of the Project: Appointment will be initially for a period of one year and extendable.
Position: Himalayan Project Fellow
Place of Posting: ZSI HQ, Kolkata or any other place as per requirement of the project
Essential Qualification: M. Sc. in Zoology/Life Sciences/ or equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
Desirable: Experience of working in Himalayan region, entomofauna, Lepidoptera, Biosystematics, Knowledge of Computer and basic field, data collection, field photography etc., Experience in the Bioinformatics/ Next Generation Sequence (NGS) Technology/ Molecular phylogeny with at least one publication in SCI journal.
Fellowship: Rs.16,000/- P.M. (Consolidated) + H.R.A. as permissible.
Date and Venue of Interview: 22-February-2017, 11.00 AM onwards, Zoological Survey of India, Prani Vigyan Bhawan, 535, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700 053.
Upper age limit: 28 yrs. on the date of the interview.
1. The above posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
2. The upper age limit is as on the date of interview. The age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years, as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/women (as per GoI rules).
3. Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview are required to register from 10[/u][/b]:00-11:00 AM on the day of interview at Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata- 700053. Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration.
4. The initial offer of appointment to the candidates will be on purely contractual basis upto 31st March 2017 initially and it may be extended for further period(s) based on further project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
5. The selected candidate needs to join immediately or at a short notice.
6. No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the interview.
7. The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website zsi.gov.in.
8. The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to selection or rejection of any candidature and cancellation of the walk-in-interview.
9. Candidates may also send electronic copy of their application to nmhsfellowshipzsi[at]gmail.com.