|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Indian Oil Corporation Limited IOCL (Marketing Division) Southern Region
Post Name: Recruitment for Apprentice in 2017
Reference Number : Advertisement No. IOCL/MKTG/SR/APPR/2016 -17
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Apprentice Recruitment :
Applications are invited from candidates meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement as Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended from time to time) in the Trade/Disciplines mentioned below:
Related : IOCL Eastern Region Recruitment 2017 Apprentice : www.indianin.in/2944.html
Educational Qualification, Provisional Number of seats in Apprentice category including likely reservation shall be as follows. The consolidated stipend payable shall be as mentioned below. Reservation will be applicable as per the prescribed percentage for recruitment applicable to the State of Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
Prescribed Qualification/Eligibility Criteria:
1. For Discipline Code 01/05/08/11/14-Technician Apprentice-Mechanical: 3 Years full time regular/sandwich diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
2. For Discipline Code 02/06/09/12/15-Technician Apprentice-Electrical :3 Years full time regular /sandwich diploma in Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
3. For Discipline Code 03/07/10/13/16-Technician Apprentice-Instrumentation: 3 Years full time regular/sandwich diploma in Instrumentation Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
4. For Discipline Code 04-Trade Apprentice-Quality Control : 3 Years full time B.Sc (Physics, Maths, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry).
5. Reservation for PWD Candidates for the Discipline Code 04: OH-One arm affected or one leg affected or HH (Partially deaf) (For Quality Control Only-Laboratory Assistant).
6. The qualification prescribed shall be from a recognized University/Institute as a full time , regular/sandwich Diploma course in Engineering/ full time,regular course in B.Sc in relevant disciplines with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates against reserved positions.
7. For Discipline Code 04: PWD candidates with less than 40% of permanent disability are NOT eligible.
The PWD candidates are required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority as per the Persons with Disabilities (equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Amended Rules, 2009, failing which their candidature as PWD candidates will not be considered.
Persons with Disabilities (OH and HH) must be capable of performing the task assigned to them/take instructions using suitable aids and appliances.
8. The candidates should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprenticeship Act, 1961/1973 as amended from time to time.
9. Candidates, who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after acquiring the prescribed qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentice.
10. The applicant for the position of Technician Apprentices should NOT have completed three years after passing of the qualifying examination as on 01.12.2016.
11. In case the date of Declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate must submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic/College/Institute from where the candidate pursued his Diploma course, along with his application form.
12. Candidates registered with Local/State Employment Exchange(s)/Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Person with Disability (PWD) and meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, are required to apply Online, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
* Based on 90% of the semiskilled wages of State or Central whichever is higher for that location subject to a minimum of Rs 7530/-.An additional Rs 2500/- shall be paid in case the 90% wages are more than Rs 7530/- for -Technician Apprentice.
*70-90% of semi-skilled wages of State or Central whichever is higher for that location subject to a minimum of Rs 6970/-.An additional Rs 2500/- shall be paid in case the 70-90% wages are more than Rs 6970/- for Trade Apprentice(Laboratory Assistant).
*Consolidated stipend is subject to the periodic revision in minimum wages as applicable to particular location.
Candidates with qualification acquired through Distance Learning Mode or Part Time Mode or Correspondence mode shall NOT be considered.
Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as B.E or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA shall NOT be considered. Suppression of information regarding possession or pursuing higher qualification shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration at any stage of selection/termination or any time during engagement.
Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 01.12.2016 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST i.e. up to a max of 29 yrs., 3 years for OBC i.e. up to a max of 27 yrs., for the posts reserved for them).
Candidates belonging to PWD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC (Non-Creamy layer) candidates).
1. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of online application on or before 13.02.2017
2. If the application is not submitted in the line with the eligibility criteria, terms & conditions, then the application is liable for rejection.
3. The last date for submission of on-line application is 13.02.2017 .Candidates are requested to apply sufficiently in advance before the closing date.
4. All the candidates are advised to keep the copy of the printout of the online application form for reference as candidates are required to quote their application no. and date of birth for downloading admit cards from our website: iocl.com or at (iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx)
5. The exact date of written test/interview shall be communicated separately. Candidates are thus advised to periodically visit our above website as all future correspondence and latest information with regards to written test/interview shall be only on our website and/or by email/sms-alerts.
6. Any corrigendum/addendum etc. or updates with regard to this advertisement shall be made available on our website: iocl.com or at (iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx)
7. Candidates have to apply for ANY ONE DISCIPLINE CODE ONLY. Candidates applying for more than one discipline Code will not be considered and their applications will be summarily rejected.
8. Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Diploma/Degree examination, its equivalent aggregate percentage of marks must be indicated in the On-line Application Form as per the norms adopted by University/Institute.
9. The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates and testimonials.
In case, it is detected at any stage of engagement or thereafter, that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/doctored/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled.
If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after engagement if any, his/her engagement is liable to be terminated.
10. Engagement of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Corporation. All such engagement will also be subject to all relevant Rules/policies/guidelines of the Corporation.
11. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc.
No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Filling up of the seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
12. Applications/Registration which are incomplete or are received in any other mode/form, or not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and/or those received after the last date of receipt of applications shall not be considered “Eligible” and treated as “Rejected”. Canvassing of any kind shall disqualify the candidate.
13. Mere selection in written examination or interview or empanelment after the selection process shall not confer any right of engagement to the applicants.
14. Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period the Corporation shall have no obligation to offer employment to such apprentices NOR can an Apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
How to Apply:
1. The candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria may apply online from 01.02.2017 to 13.02.2017 through the link which will be provided in our corporate website iocl.com(Careers-> Latest Job Opening-> Engagement of Apprentices in Southern Region (Marketing Division)). Only online mode of applications will be accepted.
2. After filling up the online application ,the scanned copy of the latest colour photograph, scanned copy of the documents namely proof of date of birth (Xth Std certificate/marksheet), prescribed educational qualification, caste certificate as applicable and signature to be uploaded without fail.
In the absence of any single document, the application shall be summarily rejected. Eligible candidates will be intimated by e-mail/sms for downloading admit card for the written test.
3. Those applications which are incomplete/not uploaded with self- attested copies of certificates /not in line with the terms & conditions will be liable for rejection.