Organisation : Maharashtra Public Service Commission
Announcement : Download Hall Ticket
Designation : Maharashtra Engineering Services Preliminary Examination 2017
Download your Hall ticket here : https://mahampsc.mahaonline.gov.in/MPSC/MPSCHome.aspx
Home Page : https://www.mpsc.gov.in/Site/Home/Index.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Download Hall Ticket :
Maharashtra Engineering Services Preliminary Examination 2017″ Hall tickets Published
Date of Examination : 09-07-2017
Related : BRBCL/KBUNL/NPGCL Download Admit Card 2017 Diploma Trainee : www.indianin.in/7130.html
To Download Hall ticket without entering Username and Password.
i) Enter Application ID
ii) Enter the text as in the image
iii) Click on “Show” Button
Scheme of Examination :
Engineering Aptitude Test :
Applied Mechanics :
(a) Matrices – Types of Matrices (Symmetric, Skew-symmetric, Hermitian, Skew Hermitian, Unitary, Orthogal aMatrices), properties of Matrices, Rank of a Matrix using Echelon forms, reduction to normal form, PAQ in normal form, system of homogeneous and non-homogeneous equations. Linear dependent and independent vectors.
(b) Partial Differentiation – Partial Differentiation; Partial derivatives of first and higher order. Total differentials, differentiation of composite and implicit functions. Euler’s theorem on homogeneous functions with two and three independent variables. Deductions from Euler’s Theorem.
(c) Applications of Partial Differentiation, Expansion of Functions, Maxima and Minima of function of two independent variables, Jacobian, Taylor’s Theorem and Taylor’s series, Machlaurin’s series.
(d) Linear Differential Equations with Constant Coefficients and Variable Coefficients of Higher Order – Linear Differential Equation with constant coefficients – complementary function, particular integrals of differential equation, Cauchy’s homogeneous linear differential equation and Legendre’s differential equation, Method of variation of parameters.
(e) Differentiation under Integral sign, Numerical Integration – Differentiation under Integral sign with constant limits of integration, Numerical Integration by (a) Trapezoidal (b) Simpson’s 1/3 (c) Simpson’s 3/8 rule.
(f) Double Integration –Change the order of integration, Evaluation of double integrals by changing the order of integration and changing to polar form.
(g) Triple Integration and Application of Multiple Integrals – Application of double integrals to compute Area, Mass, Volume. Application of triple integral to compute volume.
Engineering Mechanics :
(a) System of Coplanar Forces – Resultant of concurrent forces, parallel forces & Non concurrent Non parallel system of forces. Moment of force about any point, Couples, Varignon’s theorem. Distributed forces in plane. Centroid and Centre of Gravity, Moment of Inertia & its theorem.
(b) Condition of equilibrium for concurrent forces, Parallel forces and Non concurrent Non parallel general system of forces & couples. Types of supports, loads, beams. Analysis of trusses.
(c) Laws of friction, Cone of friction, Equilibrium of bodies on inclined plane. Application of problems involving wedges, ladders, screw friction.
(d) Kinematics of particle :- Velocity and acceleration in terms of rectangular coordinate system, Rectilinear motion. Motion along plane curved path. Tangential and Normal components of acceleration. Motion Curves (a-t, v-t, s-t curves).
Projectile motion. Relative motion. Newton’s second law, work energy principle, D’Alembert’s principles, equation of dynamic equilibrium. Moment of Energy principles : Linear momentum, principle of conservation of momentum, Impact of solid bodies, direct and oblique impact, impact of solid bodies, semi elastic impact and plastic impact.
Elements of Civil Engineering :
(a) Materials and Construction –
(1) Use of basic materials cement, bricks, stone, natural and artificial sand, Reinforcing Steel- Mild, Tor and High Tensile Steel. Concrete types – PCC, RCC, Pre-stressed and Precast. Introduction to smart materials. Recycling of materials.
(2) Substructure – Function of foundations, (Only concepts of settlement and Bearing capacity of soils). Types of shallow foundations, (only concept of friction and bearing pile).
(3) Superstructure – Types of loads :- DL and LL, wind loads, earthquake considerations. Types of construction – Load bearing, framed, composite. Fundamental requirements of masonary.
(4) Introduction to automation in construction :- Concept, need, examples related to different civil engineering
(b) Uses of maps and field surveys –
(1) Various types of maps and their uses. Principles of surveys. Modern survey method using levels, Theodolite, EDM, lasers, total stations and GPS. Introduction to digital mapping. Measuring areas from maps using digital planimeter.
(2) Conducting simple and differential leveling for seeking out various benchmarks, determining the elevation of different points and preparation of contour maps. Introduction to GIS Software and other surveying softwares with respect to their capabilities and application areas.