|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
Announcement : Syllabus
Entrance Exam : GBPUAT Entrance Examination 2017
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
SYLLABUS FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME
Related : GBPUAT Entrance Examination 2017 UG, PG, MCA, M.Tech & Ph.D : www.indianin.in/4717.html
1. ALGEBRA: Elements of set theory, Relations and Functions, Mathematical induction, Number System, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, quadratic equations, partial fractions, permutations and combinations, Binomial Theorem, Exponential and logarithmic series, Matrices and determinants, solution of simultaneous algebraic equations.
2. PROBABILITY: Definition, dependent and independent events, problems based on addition and multiplication theorems of probability.
3. TRIGONOMETRY: Trigonometry functions, Periodic functions, identities, Trigonometric equation, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse trigonometric functions, complex number, De-Moiver?s Theorem.
4. COORDINATE GEOMETRY: Elementary Coordinate Geometry, Straight lines, Family of straight lines, circles, sections of a cone, Equations of Conic sections-parabola, ellipse and hyperbola in standard form.
5. CALCULUS: Functions, limits and continuity, differentiation, simple cases, functions of a function, tangents and normals, simple maxima and minima. Integration of simple functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, differential equations.
6. VECTOR: Position vectors, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products of two and three vectors.
7. DYNAMICS: Velocity, acceleration, composition and resolution of velocity and acceleration, laws of motion, work, power and energy, motion under gravity and projectiles, principles of conservation of momentum and energy. Direct impact on smooth bodies.
8. STATICS: Composition and Resolution of coplanar and parallel forces, moments and couples, resultant of set of co-planar forces and conditions of equilibrium, determination of centroids in simple cases and frictions.
1. Morphology of root, stem and leaf and their modifications.
2. Flower, inflorescence, seed and fruits.
3. Development of male and female gametophytes, pollination, fertilization and development of embryo.
4. Germination, growth and development.
5. Cell and cellular functions, tissues, anatomy of root, stem and leaf of both monocot and dicots, secondary growth.
6. Elementary study of Plant Physiology.
(a) Structure of root hair, uptake of water and minerals root pressure and transpiration.
(b) Structure of stomata, function, factors, and carbon assimilation.
(c) Translocation and storage of food materials.
(e) Mineral nutrition and metabolism
(f) Plant hormones and vitamins.
7. Plant taxonomy and elementary study of the following families:
(g) Poaceae (Gramineae)
8. Classification of plant kingdom. A brief study of the following groups/plants:
9. Natural resources and their conservation; environment and pollution-air, water and soil community, ecosystem, pyramids, energy flow, mineral cycles, and succession.
10. Plant tissue culture, biotechnology and its applications.
1. A brief account of classification of animal kingdom with reference to animal biodiversity including both invertebrates and vertebrates.
2. Physiology of animals with emphasis on Human. Homeostasis, nutrition and digestion, circulation, respiration, reproduction, excretion, co-ordination and endocrine.
3. Embryology of human
4. A brief account of animal biotechnology. Immune system and human health, DNA, Gene and genetic engineering.
5. Cell and cell division.
6. Mendelism, sex determination, sex linked inheritance, genetic disorders and polyploidy.
7. Biological molecules including carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids.