|Do you have a question?. Ask in the comments section. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)
Announcement : Download Admit Card
Designation : SET State Eligibility Test – 2017
|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Download Admit Card :
i) Enter Application Number
ii) Select Gender
iii) Enter Email ID/ Mother Name
iv) Enter Captcha (Enter the code given on the Image in to the text box)
v) Click on “Proceed” Button
Related : MPPSC Download Admit Card 2017 State Service & State Forest Service Preliminary Exam : www.indianin.in/3068.html
Fields Marked with an asterik * are compulsory.
After you enter the personal details, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
DEFENCE AND STRATEGIC STUDIES [CODE No. – 03]
There will be two question papers, Paper-II and Paper – III.
The Paper – II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions & all compulsory. Each question will carry two marks. Total marks of Paper – II will be 100.
The Paper – III will have 75 Multiple Type Questions (Multiple Choice, Matching Type, True/False, and Assertion – Reasoning Type) and all compulsory. Each question will carry two marks. Total marks of Paper – III will be 150.
PAPER – II & PAPER – III
UNIT – A
THEORIES AND CONCEPTS
1. Defence and Strategic Studies : Assumptions and Approaches
2. (a) The concepts of Nation, State and Nation-State (b) Theories and elements of State (c) National Power and its components.
3. (A) Key concepts of security (a) National Security (b) Regional Security
(c) Comprehensive Security (d) Common Security (e) Equal Security.
(B) National Security objectives: Core values, National interests.
(C) Challenges to Security: Individual, Sub-National: National, Regional and International levels.
4. Non-Alignment, Balance of Power, Collective Security and Balance of Terror- concept, development and relevance.
5. Concepts of Geopolitics and Geo-strategy : Theories of Halford Mackinder and Carl Haushofer.
6. Defence and Security Policies : Cocept, formulation, objectives and linkages.
7. National Security Organizations in India : (a) Higher Defence Structure in India (b) National Security Council (c) Para-military and civil defence (d) Civil- military relations.
8. Deterrence and Détente : Concept, Theories of nuclear deterrence and their current relevance.
9. Contribution to strategic thought by Kautilya, Mao, Jomini, Clausewitz, Douhet and Alfred Mahan.
UNIT – B
PROBLEMS OF PEACE & SECURITY
1. War: (a) Theories and causes of war. (b) Principles of war (c) Contemporary warfare : Conventional Warfare in Nuclear age, Limited war, Revolutionary warfare, Low Intensity Operations, Guerilla warfare, Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency.
2. Armaments : Arms Race, Arms Aid, Arms Trade, Arms Proliferation.
3. Military alliances and pacts, Peace treaties, Defence cooperation, strategic partnership and security dialogue.
4. Problem of system of Governance and Human Rights.
5. Terrorism: Concept and kinds (National, International and Cross border).
6. Conflicting Ideologies: Militarism, Nationalism, Fundamentalism, Separatism, Irredentism.
7. Nuclear Proliferation & NPT, CTBT, MTCR, NMD
8. Industrial Military Complex.
UNIT – C
GLOBAL SECURITY ISSUES
1. End of cold war and emergence of new world order.
2. Military, nuclear and missile capabilities of China, Pakistan and India.
3. Re-structuring of UNO
4. Environmental issues: Global warming, Desertification, Acid rains, Industrial pollution, Deforestation.
5. Military Geography & Defence Problems; Nature of boundaries, terrain
(a) Sino-Indian and Indo-Pak border disputes and India’s Continental Strategy with her neighbours (b) Sri Lankan Ethnic Conflict (c) Domestic unrest in Afghanistan
(d) West-Asian Crisis (e) Development in Central Republics (f) Ethnic issues in Yugoslavia (g) Crisis in Chechenia.
6. Organized Crimes : Money Laundering, Narco-trafficking.
7. Militarisation of Indian Ocean and India’s national, maritime and security interests in the Indian Ocean region. India’s Maritime Strategy for the 21st Century.
8. Issues of Logistics : Resources, Supply chain, Transportation and Communication.
9. Problems of refugees : (a) Causes of migration (b) Population in border areas and border security.