|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC)
Announcement : Download Admit Card
Designation : Group B Exam – 2016
Download Admit Card :
Screening Test will be held on 22-01-2017.
Related : BSSC Bihar Download Admit Card Inter Level Examination 2014 : www.indianin.in/2617.html
To Download The Admit Card For Group B (Screening) Exam 2016
i) Enter Registration No.
ii) Enter Date of Birth
iii) Click on “Submit” Button
Syllabus for the Screening Test for the Recruitment of (Group ‘B’) posts (Objective Type)
Time: 02 hours
Number of Questions: 150
Maximum Marks: 150
Note: Paper Setter is expected to set the questions from the entire Syllabus.
General Knowledge Related to Uttarakhand State
Number of Questions: 20
Maximum Marks: 20
1. General Geography- Location and Extent, Structure and Relief, Climate and Drainage systems, Demography, Transport and Communication network.
(a) Ancient Period- Inhabiting races and tribal groups, Dynasties (Kuninda, Paurav and Katyuri).
(b) Medieval Period – Later Katyuri, Chand and Panwar dynasties.
(c) Modern Period- Gorkha and British Period, Post-Independence scenario.
3. Natural and Economic Resources- Water, Forest, Minerals, Livestock, Agriculture and Horticulture, Wild-life conservation, Parks and Sanctuaries
4. Political and Administrative Setup- Administrative setup at the State, District and Tehsil levels.
5. Education and Culture- Educational and Training Institutions, Dialects and Languages, Customs and Traditions, Festivals, and Fairs.
6. Social Reform Movements – Coolie Begar, Dola -palki, and Forest Movements.
7. Economic Development- Hydro-electricity, Industry, Horticulture, Tourism, and Herbal Industry development.
8. Developmental Plans– Scheduled Castes and Tribal Development planning.
9. Important Contemporary events.
10. Sports and Entertainment.
GENERAL ENGLISH (High School Level)
Number of Questions: 10 Maximum Marks: 10
1. Use of Prepositions.
2. One Word substitution.
3. Use of Articles in English.
4. Common errors in English.
6. Conversion of one part of speech into another, e.g., Noun to Adjective, and the like.
7. Comprehension of a given passage in English (questions will be asked on the following topics).
C- Hindi translation of a given underlined English Sentence.
D- One more question will be also based on the comprehensive passage.