|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Kerala State Biodiversity Board (KSBB)
Post Name: Recruitment for Doctoral Fellowship in 2016
Notification & Application Form : http://www.indianin.in/uploads/1686-fellowship.pdf
Home Page : http://keralabiodiversity.org/
Doctoral Fellowship Recruitment :
Applications are invited for five Doctoral fellowships and one Post Doctoral Fellowship from eligible candidates who wish to do research in specific areas on conservation of Biodiversity in Kerala.
Related : KELTRON Recruitment 2016 Engineer, Technical Assistant : www.indianin.in/1617.html
Research topics :
1. Below ground Biodiversity
2. Lower plant Biodiversity including fresh water algae
3. Developing propagation protocols for notified threatened taxa
4. Biodiversity conservation
Age Limit :
Doctoral Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.12.2016.
Post Doctoral Fellowship: Not more than 40 years as on 01.12.2016.
Doctoral Fellowship (5 nos.) @ Rs. 12,000/month
Essential: Masters Degree in Life science with at least 55% mark. SC/ST candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate % of marks.
Desirable: MPhil in Life Science/ GATE/NET/Other Eligibility tests approved by UGC. Those who have already registered for PhD in any of the UGC recognized University Departments/ recognized research centers will be given preference, but the topic of research must be in specific areas on conservation of Biodiversity in Kerala.
Post Doctoral Fellowship ( 1 no. ) @ Rs. 20,000/month
Ph.D in Life Sciences focusing on Biodiversity Conservation from any University recognized by UGC as evidenced by publication.
Application in prescribed format can be downloaded from the website. The duly filled application along with copies of relevant records and a research proposal containing brief introduction, justification of the study, objectives, methodology and possible outcome of the work in any of the above listed topics ( not more than 3000 words) should reach the undersigned directly or by post on or before 10th January 2017.
The date of interview will be informed later to the candidate by e-mail/phone.
No TA/DA is permissible if called for the interview.
The Last date of receipt of duly filled application in KSBB will be 10. 01.2017
Selection Process :
Selection of Doctoral and Post Doctoral Fellows will be based on an interview conducted by an expert panel at the Head office of Kerala State Biodiversity Board, L-14, Jai Nagar, Medical College P.O., Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala Ph: 0471-2554740.
The date of interview will be informed to eligible candidates over telephone/email. Applications which are incomplete/not in prescribed proforma will be rejected without further intimation. The right to accept/reject an application will be vested solely with the Board.
1. The recipients of the KSBB doctoral fellowship shall be registered as a full time research scholar for PhD programme in any UGC recognized University Departments/ recognized research centers for award of the fellowship. The fellowship will be for a maximum period of 3 years.
2. The research guide of the selected Doctoral fellows who are working outside KSBB will have to submit a letter of willingness to function as Guest Research Faculty at KSBB.
3. The Post Doctoral fellow will be given specific Research Programmes by KSBB and they have to work in the Biodiversity conservation/Biodiversity application research accordingly.
4. KSBB shall release the monthly fellowship to research scholars either directly or by means of a crossed cheque by post.
5. The selected candidates shall not be permitted to avail any fellowship/stipend other than KSBB research fellowship during the tenure of Doctoral/Post Doctoral programme.
6. The Research fellows should complete the research programme within the prescribed time. Extension will be allowed, if needed, only after the scrutiny of the work done.
7. The Doctoral fellows should submit a brief work report approved by the research guide every month and an annual work report with the scientific details at the end of each year for the receipt of subsequent fellowship amount.
8. The Post Doctoral fellow should submit monthly work report of the activities done during his/her tenure together with reprints of publications and inform KSBB about any achievements/patents during the tenure of post doctoral period.
9. Research fellows who register in Institutions other than KSBB should submit a copy of the thesis to Kerala State Biodiversity Board.
10. The fellowship will be purely on contract basis and he/she will not be eligible for any other service benefits.