|You can now ask your questions about this post. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Goa Public Service Commission
Post Name: Recruitment for Junior Scale Officer in 2016
Reference Number : Advertisement No. 14 YEAR 2016
Junior Scale Officer Recruitment :
Online applications are invited for the below mentioned posts. The last date for filling up the applications is 15.12.2016. Candidates should carefully read the “Instructions” available on Commission’s website before filling the application online.
Related : GPSC Goa Recruitment 2016 Ayurvedic Physician, Physicist : www.indianin.in/584.html
He/She shall not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of the receipt of application:
Provided that the upper age limit may be relaxed by the Government in respect of the Government servants and other categories of persons as may be notified by special order issued in this behalf by the Government from time to time, provided further that the age limit of the candidate shall not exceed the limit of 50 years.
Junior Scale Officer of Goa Civil Service …… 11 posts (6 unreserved, 1 resvd for ST and 4 resvd for OBC)
Scale of Pay: Rs. 15,600-39,100+5,400/-. Age: Not exceeding 40 years
Educational & Other Qualifications:
(i) Educational Qualification: He/She must hold a degree from an University established by an Act of Parliament or any State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed University, under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (Central Act 3 of 1956) or a foreign University as may be approved by the Central Government from time to time, or possess a qualification which has been recognized by the State/Central Government for the purpose of admission to the examination.
(ii) Knowledge of Konkani.
Desirable: Knowledge of Marathi
1. All eligible candidates responding to this advertisement will be admitted for screening test required for shortlisting of candidates, the same will be conducted by the Commission in a manner decided by the Commission. Minimum passing marks at the screening test shall be as follows:
Candidates belonging to Unreserved category- 65%
Candidates belonging to OBC Category- 60%
Candidates belonging to SC/ST Category – 55%
Only those candidates who pass the screening test with a minimum of the above percentage in their respective categories will be invited to answer the competitive written examination. The syllabus for the screening test will be uploaded on the website of the Commission in due course.
2. The candidates shortlisted by the Commission on the basis of results of the screening test will be subjected for competitive written examination which shall be of 250 marks as per below mentioned details:
Paper-I Part A-General Intelligence, reasoning and numerical aptitude 50 Marks
Part B- Basics of Indian Constitution, Governance and Administration 75 Marks 2.30 hrs
Part C- General knowledge and current affairs 75 marks
Paper-II Part D- English Comprehension 50 marks 1.00 hr
3. The syllabus for the competitive written examination is published in Official Gazette Series I, No. 27 dated 03.10.2013 and can be seen at goaprintingpress.gov.in The same is also available on Commission’s website.
4. The minimum passing percentage for competitive written examination for unreserved category shall be 65 percent of the total marks, the passing percentage for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be minimum 55 percent of the total marks and Other Backward Class, Differently Abled Persons and for Children of Freedom Fighters, it shall be minimum 60 percent of the total marks.
5. The Commission shall invite five times the number of candidates as against the number of vacancies advertised, for the oral interview purely on merit of the competitive written examination only, with due regard to the policy on reservation. In case there are more candidates securing the same number of marks as the last candidate, all such candidates shall also be called for the oral interview.
6. The marks allotted for competitive written examination are 250 and for oral interview are 40.
7. The final selection will be in order of merit based on the combined marks scored by the candidates in competitive written examination and oral interview.
8. Individual call letters alongwith hall ticket will be sent to the candidates with detailed instructions for examination. The date of competitive written examination and screening test shall be published in local dailies. The selection of candidates is further subject to the relevant rules in force.